Tuesday, July 10, 2007

5K and ATVs


Another weekend, another adventure. This past weekend was the 5K! No... not a jog, but a visit to 5 bars in Kasiloff... and a schoolbus going from bar to bar. Here is Kristie with the "body fluid cleanup kit." Gosh I miss schoolbuses!
I'll admit, I generally look awful in pictures. The cute photo of Kristie and I on the bus took 3 tries... but don't we look happy? The bars were a lot of fun. We started around 5pm, and stayed out most of the night. I quit at 4am, and got called a "dork"for my lack of staying-power. Finding 5 bars in Kasiloff is a bit of a stretch; this one bar was more of a lodge for people who like playing darts and Elks meetings. On the lower right is Kristie posing with the moose antlers. She's a moose! Below that is me with Adam, our bus-driver on the 5K adventure. Note that I am wearing the official 5K t-shirt! The 5K was wild, and actually became a 7K for me, as I went to two bars after the 5K was finished. I guess a Saturday night just doesn't work without a trip to Hooligans and Riverside!



In other news, we went four-wheeling yesterday! Yes, we rode ATVs! Our new friend Will took us out, and we saw parts of Alaska that are neither accessable by foot nor car. What adventures! More to come, as we have big plans for the week!

2 comments:

kiltsandthistles said...

GIRRRRLLLLL YOU LOOK FANTABULOUS!!!!! We need to have a "5K" here :-). Hurry back soon!

Skidbiter said...

Thanks for the mention, the amount was more like the GDP of Birundy... c ya round