Monday, July 23, 2007

My Dad's visit





My Dad's in town, and we've taken the opportunity to travel around the entire penninsula. We saw Homer and Seward, and of course spent a lot of quality time in Kenai - even an entire afternoon in the Kenai courthouse.
The photos came out in a funny order, so bear with my descriptions. The third photo down is one I took from Kristie's parents' place. Alaska is absolutely stunning. The second picture is from a suprise visit from Matt - a friend from law school. I got a call Friday from Matt that he'd be down on the Penninsula with a couple of friends, and might like a place to stay on Saturday. Well, we made it back Saturday just in time to give Matt and his friends a floor to crash on. The next morning, in an adventure I entitled "cooking with SBA," Matt and I made pancakes. Knowing where his place was, Matt did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen a good bit! Then his friend Jason made us coffee... This photo shows us with my kitchen's finest mugs - a measuring cup, my travel mug, and the top of a thermos. Nothing but the finest when you're with the Macks!

The next top and bottom photos are from our travels. Dad and I went to Homer, and walked into a tourist shop around 11:45am, asking about tours. The nice girl working said she might be able to squeez us into the noon tour. Sure, boarding was at 11:30am, but when you're travelling with me and my dad - we fly by the seat of our pants! That's how we ended up in Halibut Cove, an amazing artist town of about 100 people, eating at a beautiful restaurant on the water, and having one remarkable afternoon.
The next day we went to Seward, and I walked through some very cold glacier water (about 2 inches deep, for about 10 feet) to get up to Exit Glacier. Thus, this last photo - me, and my friend the glacier.

Adventures to the max, when you travel with the Macks!

No comments: