Thursday, June 21, 2007

If I never see another moose again...

First, before I start complaining about my newfound indifference to Moose, or whining about the time the Emards stuck me in their trunk, I should point out how unbelievably beautiful Alaska can be. Mike took this photo of the view from the Emard's lodge, and while I'm sure I wasn't up at 3am or whatever time that photo was taken, I can attest to how beautiful that view is. I certainly have landed myself in a kind of paradise.
Kenai is on the Kenai Peninsula, which means that along the entire coastline of the peninsula, whenever we drive down the highway, we look at the mountains across the inlet. The views are remarkable along the entire roadway.


Alright, now for stories and whining. See that photo on the right... that terrified looking 12-year-old? That's me, in the Emards trunk. Next time my parents have kids, I hope they do everything in their power to make the child a tall one. Being short used to be kind of fun: I got to be front and center in the school choir, could sneak into the McDonald's PlayPlace for years after my other friends were getting disapproving looks, and got sneakers at discount prices when I bought kids sizes. Now it's just getting absurd. Not only did a client recently tell me that I look 12, but now I'm getting stuck in people's trunks? This is nothing short of discrimination... no pun intended.












And see that lovely lady in the lower photo? That's Kristie, and her new friend the moose, taken from the back porch of our apartment. Remember the story about last weekend at Hooligans and Riverside? Well, after a few drinks, apparently Kristie thinks that getting close to a moose is a friendly thing to do in Alaska. I can't really blame her, because our moose friend certainly doesn't respect our property lines.

4 comments:

Kirby said...

Ohhhh the memories....how low can Kristie go?

My home is Alaska said...

It won't be so funny when Kristie is trampled to death. I have begged you two to be armed. But no. It is beautiful indeed but when two big city easterners get trampled by a cow moose, it is hard to see the mountains through the blood in your eyes!

Anonymous said...

You're a great storyteller Ginny -- thanks for keeping us posted on yours and Kristie's exploits in Alaska.

Anonymous said...

Ginnie...damn...you look smoking hot on that picture! Cannot wait till thangsgiving already se we can snuggle up again! (Olgie the Russian Sister).
P.S: Kristie - you are one sexy bitch! If I noticed before, I should have molested you while giving you a ride from DC one Sunday evening ;-). Olgie the russian ;-)