Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Second week of work!



Well, we made it here, and so far, things are just as odd as ever. Kristie and I seem to have landed in a legal anomaly.
Our office is wild - full of interesting characters. Until I figure out
blog etiquette, I'll refrain from naming names, but let's just saw that
our co-workers range from the guy who used to light himself on fire
before diving off a 40-foot high board into a 10-foot deep pool, to the
attorney who drops more f-bombs in any given day than I believe I have
in my entire life.
Our work is interesting. We're writing motions
(okay, only Kristie has written complete motions so far) and I've been
able to appear in court twice already. Within the first 7 days of work
- that's pretty amazing.
Last weekend we took a boat tour of the Kenai Fjords. This is us on the boat. Obviously, because we were there, the world worked in our favor and a humpback whale breached - a fairly rare event. I didn't catch the breaching in a photo (look, I can only get so lucky in one day) but here's evidence of the whale's existence.


Seward is one amazing town. We walked around and enjoyed how beautiful it is for quite some time. Bear in mind, we currently live in Kenai - which is breaking new records for being the most inconvenient, unappealing town I have ever lived in. In the mid-60's, Seward was entirely destroyed by a tsunami. Kristie and I, being sensitive souls, stopped for a moment to admire the warning sign for tsunamis.

That's it for this posting - mostly because I'm tired and blogger took forever to let me post photos - but I promise another posting tomorrow, and some funnier stories about life in Alaska.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Where are you working?