Thursday, June 28, 2007

P.S. I am "that friend."


Kristie has recently accused me of being "that friend," the girl who is always posting cute pictures of herself, and ugly ones of her friends. The girl who tells her friends to wear sweats to the party, and shows up wearing something tight and cute. The girl who is always doing "friendly" things that are secretly self-serving. I have three defenses to this:
1) See the picture of me in the trunk? I think that's a pretty strong affirmative defense.
2) See the picture in this post? This is wear Ruben has just told Kristie about his encounter at the gas station that morning. Apparently, Ruben walked in and saw a girl he knows working at the gas station. "Wow," the girl said, "I saw you and that girl in the red dress dancing last weekend. You're amazing! Did you take lessons? Is that your wife?" Now, neither Kristie nor I are Ruben's wife (who is a very lucky lady that Ruben is very fond of) but I should still let everyone know that we have confirmation that Kristie is a very good (and attractive!) dancer.
3) For crying out loud, I was the one wearing the men's t-shirt, and Kristie was wearing my sundress. She looks fantastic, okay?

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Good work Ben. Nice work improving team-work in the office. You're my mentor. How did I get so lucky?

My home is Alaska said...

Oh yeah, I'm the one destroying morale. That's why Kristie is crying right now.