Thursday, June 28, 2007

We've gotten in touch with our inner hicks!

Celebrating, Kenai style! It was Coda's birthday, and I just had to go "four by'en," because it's my favorite thing to do in Alaska. Everything was going well, until we (Ruben) tried to go over a mound which turned out much softer than he expected. We were "high-centered." (I love my new lingo!) There we were with lots of time to kill while Coda went to get his truck to rescue us, and Kristie and I decided that this was the time to begin our modeling careers. And you, dear blog readers, are the first viewers of the resulting photos.
In between the truck photos is a photo of me, Ruben, Kristie, and Coda at a bar, celebrating Coda's birthday the way all birthdays should be celebrated:
with shots!
If you're into getting dirty, drinking, and being around dead animials in bars, Alaska is the place for you! If you think last call should be around 4:30 am, and that coffee should flow from anywhere it physically can... again, Alaska might be a place to consider.
Dead animals are the centerpiece of any decorating scheme here. The airport in Kenai: filled with dead animals. The gift shops: displaying large dead animals (if the shops are classy). And the bars: the proud homes of many a dead moose.
Kristie and I are both enjoying our job. One of the exciting parts about criminal law is the truly gory photographs that you come across. At my job last summer, I used to thumb through crime scene photos in my spare time. At my current job, I've taken a real liking to autopsy photos. Nothing says fun like photographs documenting the internal organs of the deceased. We also have come across naked photographs of over-weight, middle-aged men. One of the attorneys in our office suggested using the photos as the basis for a motivational poster promoting abstinence. Personally, I'm considering compiling a poetry collection from homocide reports. Any takers?

1 comment:

My home is Alaska said...

How is it that every photo of Kristie makes her look huge? I am afraid that Greenpeace is going to come to the office and try and roll her back in. I see the photo of Ginny makes her look like the poster child for "Fat Fighters", while the photo of Kristie makes her look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, only the fat is in her ass. Nice work!